A List of the Best Rehabs in the Pacific Northwest
There are many different options when it comes to rehab centers in the Pacific Northwest. The treatment options and type of rehab programs available help people from all walks of life. Whether it’s outpatient or inpatient treatment for drugs or alcohol, this is a list of the best rehabs in the Pacific Northwest.
1. Schick Shadel Hospital Substance Abuse Program
Schick Shadel Hospital has over 80 years of treating patients with proven methods to absolve substance cravings. Counter conditioning is their treatment for addiction which has been developed over decades of research. This is mixed with relaxing sleep therapy on alternating days. It has been recognized as an effective way to treat alcohol and drug addiction specifically. Counter conditioning involves training the brain to not desire addictive substances and goes as far as to make it a displeasure to continue using your substance of choice. At Schick Shadel Hospital, the physiological and psychological components of patients are managed as they believe both parts are responsible for the addiction in the first place. The inpatient treatment lasts for ten days with two 48-hour reinforcement visits which occurs one month and three months after inpatient treatment. They manage all types of addiction-causing substances including; cocaine, meth, heroin, prescription opiates, alcohol, bath salts, and more. Carf accredited Services:
- Substance abuse treatment
- Addiction treatment care provided
- Alternative treatment and holistic rehab treatment
2. Northpoint Washington
Northpoint Washington (Opening in late 2017) is said to be the best drug and alcohol rehab in Washington State. There is a high staff to patient ratio so those in their inpatient program get superb treatment. They use an innovative empirical based treatment. Patients get individual therapy with a counselor, nutritional therapy, and group therapy. The 35-bed facility is non-intimidating so it’s a great place for those who haven’t received addiction treatment in the past. With a low patient population, they aim to offer patients the best possible treatment. Personalized treatment is created with each individual patient in mind. This includes a detox process or participating in group activities or physical activities that will promote healing.
- An abundance of options for activities such as: yoga classes, mindfulness training, hiking, aerobic exercise, and more.
- Support therapy which includes education and art.
- A nutritional program with instruction on how to prepare your own healthy foods, which is a great way of healing the body.
- Nursing care 24 hours a day, every day
- Creating a sense of community through support groups, reaching out to the community and socialization.
- Treatment of alcohol and a variety of drugs with a focus on a holistic approach.
3. Northpoint Recovery
At Northpoint Recovery, they offer a high quality of alcohol and drug rehab. They focus on individualized care and tailor the needs of each patient. In the region, they have the highest staff to patient ratio. They use the empirically based program for their inpatient treatment and offer 24/7 nursing care. The drug and alcohol detox is medically supervised and then they have a holistic approach to their drug and alcohol rehab. This includes healthy foods that give your body essential nutrients and participating in healthy activities. Group therapy includes education, process, and art. Northpoint Recovery for drug and alcohol addictions offer aftercare planning once the detox and rehab process is completed. Their list of therapies includes:
- Individual Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Family Therapy
- Experiential Therapy
- Dialectical Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Accredited by the Joint Commission (JCAHO) This is a list of the addictions they treat:
- Depressant addiction like Zoloft and alcohol
- Stimulants like cocaine and crystal meth
- Opiate addiction like heroin and oxycodone
- Hallucinogenic Drugs like salvia or ketamine
- Cannabinoid like hash, k2 and marijuana
- Inhalant addiction like aerosol spray cans and bath salts
4. The Clearing
The Clearing offers an addiction recovery treatment program based on empowerment and taking personal responsibility. They call is a non 12-step rehab and participants will learn to work with tried and tested psychological strategies and counseling techniques that incorporate spiritual aspects. This helps to address underlying issues that caused addiction in the first place. Perhaps considered radical, or different, it has seen a high success rate (80%) of graduates who reported they are free from addiction. The Clearing uses their dual diagnosis residential treatment at their center for the following:
- Alcohol abuse
- Substance abuse (cocaine, heroin, bath salts, opiate prescription drugs, marijuana)
The program helps patients to feel real empowerment and clarity, which frees them from addiction and mental challenges that have previously stunted happiness. To do this, core issues that cause addiction and limiting behaviors are focused on. The program heals core issues, eradicating anxiety, depression, and low self-esteem. Their approach is based on identifying, addressing, and healing issues. Participants join in a group and the program runs for a period of 28 days. The treatment:
- Specializes in dual diagnosis
- It’s evidence-based
- Focuses on the cause of addiction on top of abstinence
5. Ashwood Recovery
The focus of Ashwood Recovery is to help clients figure out the issues that caused their addiction or disordered behaviors. Their holistic approach was put together by leading providers, therapists, doctors and other medical professionals. The treatment includes:
- The principals of the 12-step program
- Group therapy sessions
- Trauma Resolve
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Dialectical behavioral therapy
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EDMR)
- Family counseling
- Individual therapy
- Evidence based modalities
The EDMR therapy is a treatment that can be used for many issues, including addiction. It utilizes the eye movements to help rehab patients by desensitizing stigmas of negative emotions that they have associated with traumatic events. This helps patients find a new way to think about past situations that may have always been a trigger to abuse substances. Ashwood Recovery treats:
- Addiction and abuse of all types of substances
- Co-occurring disorders
- Trauma resolutions
- Resolving issues within the family dynamic
- Cross addiction
6. Lakeside-Milam Recovery Centers
Lakeside-Milam Recovery Centers opened its door to patients in 1983 and have assisted over 100,000 addicts in that time. The rehab options include inpatient and outpatient treatments. They offer intervention services and offer family programs also. Their treatments are comprehensive and long-term. The treatments focus on:
- Physical health
- Educating patients on the disease so they understand their disease and what it will take to recover fully.
- Group counseling
- Changing the patterns of thinking that developed during addiction. An addict will develop irrational thoughts and negative emotions that are the cause of ongoing mistakes.
- Raw Emotive Therapy (RET) to assist patients in thinking before reacting in a stressful situation.
- Individualized plans for every patient.
- Continuing care including, weekly groups at convenient times.
The Division of Behavioral Health and Recovery certify their outpatient programs for rehab. CARF Accreditation A member of the National Association of Addiction Treatment Providers
7. Northpoint Seattle
The Northpoint Seattle of Northpoint offers intense outpatient treatment as an alternative rehab for addiction. This includes alcohol, meth, opiate addiction and more. They understand that each type of addiction needs different treatments and they also understand that everyone has their own way of healing. Northpoint Seattle treatment is intense at first because they want to equip patients with the tools to recover. The treatment includes:
- Multiple IOP sessions weekly
- Meetings scheduled to accommodate the typical work schedule
- A transition to regular outpatient treatment, which is less hours per week than the initial sessions.
Northpoint Seattle’s treatment plan is designed to help patients understand that they don’t need to use any longer. With the IOP treatment, you get the same quality of rehabilitation as you would with an inpatient program. It’s just better suited for your life and schedule.
UWF.EDU (2017|04|19) Counter Conditioning. Retrieved from, https://uwf.edu/wmikulas/Webpage/behavior/chaptersix.htm NCBI.NIH.GOV (2010 Jul 2) Empirically Supported Treatments. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3153746/