One of the challenges you might be facing is the fact that you’re not sure where to turn to get more information about drug and alcohol addiction. The Internet might be filled with research and data, but because so much is available, you’re not sure if these are sources you can trust.
You’re looking for a trusted resource that will provide you with the information you’re looking for regarding not only your addiction, but where you can go to get help. SAMHSA.gov is a website that is dedicated to these purposes, and when you visit their site, you’ll have access to all of the information you will ever need. In addition, they also offer the SAMHSA treatment locator, which will aid you in finding the right drug and alcohol treatment center to meet your needs.
What is SAMHSA and SAMHSA.gov?
SAMHSA is the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, and they are an agency that focuses on providing substance use and mental health information to the general public. They got their start in 1992, and since then, they’ve created a website that’s filled with valuable data regarding the state of mental health and addiction in our country.
Once you visit SAMHSA.gov, you’ll see that this organization is determined to provide the American people with the help they need for their addictions and mental health needs.
Using the SAMHSA Locator
It’s possible that you know you have an addiction to drugs or alcohol, but as soon as you start to do research on how to get help, you freeze. There are just so many options to choose from, and it’s hard to know which drug and alcohol treatment programs are the best ones, and which are not.
This is certainly a struggle, no matter where you live, but the SAMHSA Locator can help you find your closest drug and alcohol treatment center, based on your location.
Families who are struggling because of a loved one’s addiction will find support and information here. SAMHSA also works hard to be sure that they’re able to aid people in finding the professional help they need to overcome their addictions and mental health disorders.
How does the SAMHSA Treatment Locator Work?
Once you visit the SAMHSA Treatment Locator page, you’ll notice that they offer a few different options for types of addiction treatment. Finding the help you need from an accredited facility is really easy, and all you need to do is choose the type of addiction help you’re looking for. Clicking on the link will take you to a page with a series of questions you can answer to be directed toward an addiction treatment facility near you. If you find it to be a bit confusing, they even offer a tutorial to help you learn how to use the site more efficiently.
Which Type of Rehab do I Need?
There’s no denying that you have a lot of options for drug rehab centers. Most people don’t realize this, and they think they only have a few. The reality is that everyone is different as far as what will work best for them. It’s critical that you find exactly what you need. That’s going to give you the best chance of recovering.
Here are just a few examples of the types of drug rehab you have available to you:
- Inpatient drug rehab – Inpatient treatment would allow you to remain in a facility for around 30 days. During that time, you’d receive therapy, detox treatments and other types of treatment.
- Outpatient drug rehab – There are different levels of outpatient care, including intensive outpatient treatment, day treatment and more. Traditional outpatient rehab would involve meeting regularly with a therapist.
- Prescription opioid drug rehab – This is specifically targeted for those who are addicted to prescribed opiate painkillers.
- Heroin drug rehab – This type of care is for people who are addicted to heroin.
- Marijuana rehab – This one might surprise you. The fact is that marijuana is addictive, and rehab is often needed to recover. Marijuana treatment speaks specifically to the needs of these types of addicts.
What Should I Expect From Drug Rehab?
When you go into a drug treatment center, you have every right to expect the best possible care. You should always feel as though you’re being treated as an individual, and not just part of a group. You have a right to expect a treatment plan that was created just for you. You also should expect that treatment plan to be adjusted, if necessary.
Overall, you need to know that your treatment team is determined to help you be successful. Of course, you also need to do your part during your stay or your appointments. If you’re committed to making it work, it will.
How Much Does Drug Rehab Cost?
It can be quite expensive to go to drug rehab. Depending on what types of treatment and care you need, you could be looking at a bill of several thousand dollars. It may climb even higher if you are in need of detox services prior to starting rehab.
Please don’t let this information deter you from getting help. If you have health insurance, you also have benefits that will help cover rehab.
Before you begin, you’ll have your insurance verified to find out what those benefits are. This will leave you with no surprises regarding any copays or co-insurance amounts.
If you don’t have health insurance, you can apply for it at HealthCare.gov. If you’re just not able to get health insurance, please don’t worry too much. There are still other ways you can pay for your drug treatment.
SAMHSA offers grants to many drug rehabs all across the United States. They are specifically to help people who can’t afford addiction treatment on their own.
What to Look for in a Drug Rehab Center
Finding the right drug rehab program can be a pretty confusing process. This is especially true when you’re sure what you should be looking for. We’ve offered some tips below that can help.
- Make sure they have the type of rehab you’re looking for. However, you should listen to the recommendations that are made to you.
- Find out if you’re still able to go to work if you need to. If you’re in an inpatient program, this might not be possible. However, in some cases, you may still be able to do some work while you’re there.
- Find out what type of insurance they take. This is critical because it can save you a lot of money. Make sure they verify your insurance for you too.
- Ask about their usual length of stay. You’ll want to know exactly what you can expect.
- Ask about visitors. It may be important to you to maintain contact with the people in your life that you’re closest to.
- Don’t be afraid to ask them about their success rates. You should try to find a facility that offers a higher than average success rate. This will help to boost your confidence in the treatment you’ll be receiving.
Additional Information Available at SAMHSA.gov
In addition to providing you with addiction treatment location services, SAMHSA.gov is also filled with great information that can support you as you go through your recovery journey. You can find information on clinical trials, learn what options are available for veterans, and even learn more about what to do in a crisis situation. You’ll see that they provide information about support for families and so much more. Everything you need is available for you, right at your fingertips.
When you struggle with an addiction, it’s not always easy to know what you should do or where you should turn. You’re desperately looking for answers, and you need guidance during this critical time in your life.
SAMHSA.gov was created to provide you with what you’re looking for online, and we’re sure you’ll find it to be a worthy and helpful resource for you and your family.
Northpoint Recovery is a great place to begin your search for drug rehab. We can help you find the right type of help to begin your recovery journey.
Do you have questions about drug rehab or how to find the best addiction treatment program? Please contact us so we can assist you.