Cocaine is one of the most highly addictive drugs globally and one of the most popular. Becoming addicted to cocaine is an uphill battle that can seem to have no end. Most people become addicted to cocaine without realizing it, and addiction can happen very quickly. Even some experts believe someone can become addicted to cocaine after just one use.
Are you in need of a cocaine rehab center? High-quality cocaine abuse programs are available at Northpoint Idaho. Contact us at 208.486.0130 to learn about substance abuse treatment and how to help you overcome your addiction to this powerful drug.
Do You Need Cocaine Treatment Recovery?
Whether you have struggled with cocaine abuse for a month or several years, you need answers. You may even face a situation where you are unsure if you have an addiction. Perhaps you only use the drug sporadically, or you just do not feel addicted.
Cocaine addiction is challenging to overcome on your own. Many people battle cocaine addiction for years when they try to quit cold turkey. For this reason, a cocaine treatment center is the best possible option. Once you understand more about what cocaine addiction is, you might be willing to consider going to cocaine rehab.
Why Cocaine Addiction Treatment Recovery Is Necessary
More often than not, people will try to quit using drugs on their own before committing to cocaine treatment. They may tell themselves and others that they will try it alone first. If that does not work, they will get professional help. On the surface, this may seem like a good plan. However, people making this decision do not realize that quitting cocaine can be dangerous.
There are a few reasons you should not quit cocaine cold turkey:
- Severe withdrawal symptoms – People frequently go back to using cocaine because they cannot handle the withdrawal symptoms.
- Higher risk of relapse – Whenever someone tries to stop using a drug like cocaine on their own, they are at risk for relapse. Cocaine is a potent drug, and the urge to use it can often become unbearable.
- Increased risk of overdose – Cocaine overdose is another problem with relapse. As soon as you stop using cocaine, your tolerance levels decrease, meaning that it takes a smaller amount of the drug to get you high than it did before. Tolerance levels continually decrease. If you go back to using the same amount, it can lead to a deadly overdose.
These are the dangers of trying to quit cocaine on your own. You will be much safer when you choose to stop in a professional setting, like a cocaine rehab program. You are also much more likely to experience long-term recovery. Cocaine rehab programs are helpful because they assist you with putting a relapse prevention plan in place. People can relapse after being in cocaine treatment programs, but the chances are much smaller.
How Cocaine Abuse Programs Can Help
Patients entering cocaine treatment centers will probably experience some combination of the following:
- With family therapy, the goal is to improve relationships. If you are addicted to cocaine, it has probably hurt many of your relationships. You may be struggling with a significant other or have problems with your parents. The goal is to repair and rebuild these relationships.
- Individual therapy sessions are crucial to your recovery. Your therapist will work with you every day, at least initially. Together, you will talk about your cocaine addiction in great detail to help you discover the root cause.
- Group therapy sessions are also important for recovery. You will share with other patients during group therapy and hear their stories. This reinforces that you are not alone. It will also help you form new friendships with like-minded people.
- Nutritional therapy is an integral component of recovery since nutrition and physical fitness are the backbones of your overall health. You will meet with a nutritionist to ensure that your diet is well balanced.
- You may also participate in other types of treatment like yoga, art, and music therapy.
Addictions are very different, even when two patients are addicted to the same drug. It is essential to meet each patient’s needs, so each at a cocaine rehab center should receive their treatment plan.
Rehab for Cocaine Addiction with Cross-Addictions
It is very common for people addicted to cocaine to suffer from more than one addiction. Sometimes this takes the form of marijuana addiction, alcoholism, or prescription drug addiction.
However, addiction does not always apply to substances. There are many different types of behavioral addictions as well, including:
- Internet addictions
- Shopping addictions
- Gambling addictions
- Sex addictions
- Food addictions
For cocaine treatment centers to be effective, they must address all of their addictions. Unless these addictions are discovered and treated, the cocaine addiction is also likely to persist.
Get the Cocaine Treatment Recovery You Need at Northpoint Idaho
Here at Northpoint Recovery, we offer the top treatment for cocaine addiction in the Boise, Idaho, area. Our goal is to get to the heart of the addiction and uncover the root cause to give you a better chance to heal. You will be treated for any co-occurring disorders or cross-addictions for the most thorough treatment.
Are you in need of a cocaine treatment program for your cocaine addiction? Are you looking for a way to recover that will work well for you? Contact us today at 208.486.0130 to learn more about cocaine addiction treatment recovery.