One of the biggest obstacles in dealing with and overcoming addiction is education. Whether it’s learning about what treatment options are available to you, finding out why you or a loved one has turned to drugs in the first place, or even determining if a pattern of behavior actually qualifies as addiction, the first step on the road to recovery is being informed. That’s why we’ve put together this list of 25 quizzes you’ll find helpful when it comes to coping with addiction. We’ve broken them down even further into General Addiction Quizzes, Substance Specific Assessments, In-Depth Treatment Questionnaires, and National Drug and Alcohol IQ Challenges sponsored by the NIDA. So go ahead – get informed!
General Addiction Quizzes
Each quiz in this category deals with a few basic questions about addiction, how to spot it in others, and whether or not you or a loved one needs detox and rehabilitation. This is a great place to start for anyone looking for more information on addiction recovery in general and what the process entails.
- Is My Family Addicted Quiz – Do you think your family member might be addicted to drugs? Take this 20-question quiz to find out.
- Do I Need Detox Quiz – The first step in addiction treatment, detox is a crucial step in recovery. This 15-question assessment will help you determine if you need it.
- Do I Need Rehab Quiz – Rehabilitation is one of the most successful methods of tackling drug or alcohol addiction. And it’s more than just detox too. Take this 20-question quiz to see if rehab is right for you.
Substance Specific Assessments
The addiction quizzes in this section deal specifically with the signs of abusing a particular drug. It’s worth mentioning that while actual substance abuse might be easy to determine with many drugs as using an illicit substance even once is still considered abuse, the distinction between “abuse” and “addiction” is an important one, especially when it comes to legal substances like alcohol and prescription drugs. It’s crucial, then, that you’re able to spot the signs of addiction for each of the drugs listed below, both in yourself and in others.
- Alcohol Addiction Quiz
- Drug Addiction Quiz
- Cocaine Addiction Quiz
- Crystal Meth Addiction Quiz
- Heroin Addiction Quiz
- Prescription Drug Addiction Quiz
- Stimulants Quiz
- Opiate Addiction Quiz
- Marijuana Addiction Quiz
In-Depth Treatment Questionnaires
The quizzes listed below go into the intricacies of various treatment options that might be right for you. After all, different substance abuse disorders aren’t all treated the same way. What’s more, just as the reasons for using aren’t the same for everyone, the recovery process itself is also unique to the individual. What works for one person just might not fit for another. So give the treatment quizzes below a look to dive into the reasons behind your addiction as well as which kind of treatment you’re suited for.
- Trauma and Addiction Quiz – Trauma and addiction have been shown to have a complicated and powerful connection. Give this 10-question assessment a try to see if your addiction stems from trauma.
- Dual Diagnosis Treatment Quiz – Dealing with an addiction alone is hard enough. But when you have another disorder you’re dealing with as well, recovery can seem insurmountable. That’s where dual diagnosis comes in. This 10-question quiz will help you find out if you need it.
- Enabling Family Member Quiz – It can be tough to watch a family member struggle with addiction but your behavior might actually be enabling their disorder. The 14 questions in this assessment will help you recognize if you are.
- Codependent Quiz – Codependent relationships can be particularly damaging when drug and alcohol addiction is involved. This questionnaire uses 24 questions to determine if you’re in a codependent relationship.
- Outpatient Treatment Quiz – Outpatient treatment isn’t for everyone. Some may struggle with the freedom and eventually relapse. The 15 questions in this quiz are a great start towards figuring out if outpatient treatment is right for you.
- Is IOP (Intensive Outpatient) Right for Me? – There’s a bit more that goes into intensive outpatient treatment than you might think. Take this 30-question quiz to see if it’ll work for you.
National Drug and Alcohol IQ Challenges
These short quizzes are produced every year by the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) from the National Institutes of Health (NIH). And while they’re aimed mostly at teenagers, the knowledge found in each is incredibly valuable no matter your age.
- 2017 NIDA Drug and Alcohol IQ Challenge
- 2016 NIDA Drug and Alcohol IQ Challenge
- 2015 NIDA Drug and Alcohol IQ Challenge
- 2014 NIDA Drug and Alcohol IQ Challenge
- 2013 NIDA Drug and Alcohol IQ Challenge
- 2011 NIDA Drug and Alcohol IQ Challenge
- 2010 NIDA Drug and Alcohol IQ Challenge
Knowledge Is Progress
Whether you’re looking for specifics on a particular substance, want to find out what kind of treatment you need, or simply want to pass the time, the quizzes listed above are a great start on your journey to knowledge!