As a business professional, you face many challenges that others do not. You most likely cannot take time off from your job to enter rehab, or you may struggle with leaving unfinished projects behind while entering addiction treatment. Fortunately, executive and professional addiction rehab can accommodate you and your needs and provide you with the type of treatment that can help you recover.
At Northpoint Idaho, we realize that business professionals lead busy lives with many responsibilities and may find it difficult to leave their jobs behind so that they can focus on getting addiction treatment. We offer an executive addiction treatment program in Boise, Idaho, specifically for professionals like you with high-demand lifestyles. Call us today at 208.486.0130 to learn how to help you fit addiction recovery into your busy schedule.
What Is an Executive and Professional Addiction Rehab?
Executive and professional addiction rehab programs aim to target this group of individuals and provide them with the help they need at the level they need. For example, these programs are very different from what might be experienced at state-funded facilities. Special concessions are often made that allow executives to continue working and even have access to equipment that will allow them to work on projects remotely. Ultimately, the goal is to:
- Allow them to remain in their jobs
- Give them the freedom they need to maintain and keep up with their work responsibilities
- Allowing them to see their clients or travel if needed
For someone who is an executive, confidentiality will be a primary concern. Any mention of their company is likely to raise some eyebrows. The realization that a high-powered executive or business person is in treatment for an addiction can quickly tarnish the individual’s and their company’s reputation. How is someone supposed to get the necessary help while keeping this information private?
There are certainly ways to keep patients’ identities a mystery from others. First of all, staff cannot release information about addiction treatment to anyone unless the patient gives their permission. Privacy and seclusion are important for executive rehab facilities, and staff members know how to keep people out of the limelight. Taking these additional steps protects careers, and personal reputations do not have anything to fear.
Why Many Executives Fail to Go to Rehab
There are many reasons why executives often fail to get the help they need for their drug or alcohol addiction, including:
- Feeling they cannot take the time away from work to concentrate on themselves and recover
- Being worried that they may lose money if they have to take the time to go to a treatment facility
- Being concerned that their absence might fail the business
- Being concerned that their jobs might be in jeopardy if they decide to take the time to go to treatment
- Feeling concerned about their reputation with their co-workers, boss, or clients
- Feeling worried about whether or not their need for a higher level of confidentiality will be honored and respected during treatment
These concerns are valid, and it is easy to understand why a business professional would hesitate to get professional help in light of them. While there are not many drug and alcohol rehab facilities that can cater to the unique needs that professionals present, it is clear that there is a need for something different that meets their requirements for treatment.
Recognizing the Best Rehabs for Professionals
By understanding the specific concerns that many executives have about going into treatment, executive and professional addiction rehab programs can make changes to accommodate them. Luxury rehabs are much more beneficial for executives because they provide various components unavailable elsewhere. The best rehabs for professionals cater to their needs and recognize that they require a different level of care than what is available in other types of facilities.
The best rehabs for business professionals will offer:
- Healthy meals to improve their quality of life
- Private rooms that give them seclusion and quiet
- Comfortable furnishings like what they are used to at home
- Exercise facilities to help them stay physically active and fit
- Plenty of space for recreation
- An outdoor area that promotes wellness and movement
- Conference areas with phones
Additionally, executives need to know that their work needs will be recognized, addressed, and accommodated. This is true even if it means being allowed to leave the facility for a while to take care of pressing matters at work.
As you can see, executive rehab is much different from what you probably thought it would be. The goal is to offer comfort and privacy and targeted addiction treatment to recover from addiction successfully.
Types of Treatment Available at Rehabs for Executives
At an executive rehab center, the care is tailored to each patient’s needs, which results in a higher probability of recovery. This is done by providing:
- Drug and alcohol detox – This is often recommended for patients whose addictions may result in dangerous withdrawal symptoms, such as heroin, alcohol, and prescription drugs. It is a process that quickly removes toxins from the body, which shortens the duration of withdrawal.
- Any medical treatment – Patients can get access to the medical treatment they need, but it may pertain to their addiction treatment.
- Therapy for dual diagnoses – Meeting with a therapist regularly is crucial for anyone who requires dual diagnosis treatment or treatment for co-occurring disorders. Treating addiction and the mental condition simultaneously provides a much better result for recovery.
- Group therapy sessions – Group therapy sessions are essential to the recovery experience for executives in rehab. This aspect may make professionals nervous because of the need to discuss scenarios with other people. Fortunately, every measure is taken to maintain confidentiality and privacy.
- Medication maintenance – For business professionals in drug or alcohol rehab who are already on medications for mental illnesses, it is often necessary to change their regimens, which can be taken care of during rehab.
- Referrals for aftercare – Continuing care is critical for drug and alcohol rehab for executives, and the appropriate referrals will be made to ensure that recovery is ongoing and long-term.
An inpatient treatment program is highly recommended for anyone considering getting addiction treatment. Although it might seem less than convenient, many professionals have been surprised to find how willing various treatment centers are to work with them and help them by supporting their lives outside of treatment.
Find the Executive Addiction Treatment in Boise, Idaho That Is Right for You at Northpoint Idaho
At Northpoint Recovery, we understand the struggles you are dealing with and how difficult it is to know you need help for your addiction. Still, we are concerned about your reputation or confidentiality. We have taken the time to create a treatment program that can more than accommodate your needs and even provide you with some amenities you probably were not expecting. To learn more about how Northpoint Recovery can help you recover from your addiction to drugs or alcohol, contact us today at 208.486.0130.